Harbor Transit Multi-Modal Transportation System (HTMMTS)
Board Meeting Minutes
City of Grand Haven
March 23, 2016
- Meeting Called to Order at 5:30 p.m.
Present: Pete LaMourie, Craig Bessinger, Mike DeWitt, Rick Homan, Joanne Marcetti and Gordon Gallagher.
Absent: Chris Burns (excused), Bill Cargo (excused), Bob Monetza (excused) and Patrick McGinnis (excused).
Also Present: Tom Manderscheid, Director, Anthony Dionise, Operations Manager, Dennis Swartout, Marketing Representative.
- Approval of January 27, 2016 Minutes
Motion by Joanne Marcetti to accept the minutes of January 27, 2016, second by Pete LaMourie. Motion carries.
- Approval of the Consent and Regular Agenda
Motion by Mike DeWitt, second by Pete LaMourie to approve the Consent and Regular Agenda. Motion carries.
- General Business / Call to Audience- no comments from the general audience.
- Financial Report:
A. FY2016 – July 1, 2015 – March 18, 2016 Operating Budget
Tom explained that payroll overall is $127,282 under budget and that after reviewing year end accruals we will spend close to $80,000 at fiscal year-end. The other line items are tracking and we should be under budget at fiscal year-end.
Moved by Gordon Gallagher to approve the Financial Report, second by Rick Homan. Motion carries.
- New Business:
A. Approval of a resolution of intent to apply for State formula operating assistance for FY2017 under Act 51 of the Public Acts of 1951, as amended, authoring the Board Secretary to sign the necessary document.
Motion by Joanne Marcetti, second by Pete LaMourie to approve the resolution of intent to apply for FY 2017 State formula operating assistance under Act 51 of the Public Acts of 1951, as amended. Motion carries.
- Directors Report
- Marketing Report- Dennis Swartout discussed Harbor trolley LLC and Pilot Program to Seniors in his marketing report.
- Director’s written report- Tom discussed key points in the Director’s report especially the potential revenues that will be forthcoming from federal and state operating funds and the pending capital grant dollars in FY2017. The State Operating Assistance application was submitted by the due date of March 1, 2016 and the Federal, Section 5307 Operating Assistance application will be filed later in the year. Joanne Marcetti was assured that under the partnership section that all passenger rides are billed monthly and not at a reduced rate. Gordon Gallaher asked about rumors of a Muskegon connection and in his opinion that the manufacturing sector was vital to this movement. HT Management understands and feels that is also important as we move forward.
- Board Members Comments:
No comments from Board Members
- General Business/ Call to Audience- no comments from the general audience.
- Motion by Mike DeWitt and seconded by Pete LaMourie to adjournment at 6:36pm.
Next HTMMTS Board meeting will be held on May 25, 2016 at the Village of Spring Lake Administrative Offices, 102 West Savidge Street, Spring Lake, MI 49456