Harbor Transit Multi-Modal Transportation System ADA Complaint Procedures
Any citizen who feels that their Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) rights have been violated alleging any action prohibited by 49 CFR Parts 27, 37, 38, and 39 may file a complaint with Harbor Transit using the following procedures:
1. The complaint can be made either by mail (United States Postal Service), by telephone, or by email.
a. To make a complaint by mail, please send to Harbor Transit , ADA representative, 440 North Ferry Street, Grand Haven, MI 49417.
2. The complaint will be reviewed and investigated within seven (7) working days. Harbor Transit staff may contact you for additional information regarding the complaint.
3. The ADA representative will contact the individual who made the complaint and share the results of the investigation and offer possible remedies within seven (7) working days.
4. If the individual who made the complaint is not satisfied with the remedy offered, they may appeal the complaint by asking for an appeal by telephone, email, or mail within seven (7) days of being offered the remedy.
5. If an appeal is received a panel consisting of the Harbor Transit, Director of Transportation or their designee, the ADA representative, and a member of the Local Advisory Committee will hear the appeal within ten (10) working days either in person or by telephone.
6. All complaints will be maintained for one (1) year.
7. A summary of all complaints will be maintained for five (5) years.
This information can be made available in an alternative format such as Large Print, Braille, etc upon request to Harbor Transit, 440 North Ferry Street, Grand Haven, MI 49417 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
An Americans With Disabilities Act complaint alleging discrimination against a State or local government or a public accommodation , can also me made online, by mail, or by fax to the Department of Justice.